Nomensa is a strategic UX agency, known across Europe as being one of the first names in user centred design, with one of the largest, most talented teams of user experience professionals and technologists in Europe. Since 2001, we have designed award-winning digital experiences that have reached millions of people.
With almost 100 staff across Bristol, London and Amsterdam, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our Bristol HQ!
Why you’ll love us
Our people love working here, it’s a supportive working environment where you can expect to work with, and learn from, teams of highly collaborative practitioners. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve gold standard accreditation by Investors in People and are a genuine meritocracy. We are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for ongoing career development, and you’ll have a variety of projects to work on for well known clients in the commercial, charity, and government sectors.
We work hard at creating an exciting, collaborative environment where we have one focus: humanising technology. The people you will be working with are passionate, have a relentless pursuit of excellence and take pride in their work. If this sounds like it would be a good fit with your own values and ethos, then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
The Nomensa Business Analyst’s core responsibility is to liaise with and support clients to ensure we deliver effective solutions across applications, business systems and processes.
Working with stakeholders and users to understand change requirements the BA will have the awareness and capability to utilise a breadth of common tools and techniques to accomplish analysis tasks in different working environments that enable and support the delivery of exceptional experiences across our portfolio and key client accounts.
Core activities can include gathering an understanding of what the business needs by means of requirements elicitation and traceability. Business Process Mapping, Root Cause Analysis, Business Case support and User Experience evaluation will also be included in this role.
What we need from you
- Demonstrated fluency in numerical data, business processes and process differentiation;
- Experienced in driving continuous process improvement activities. Formal knowledge of/training in relevant methodologies desirable;
- Track record of effective project delivery and project management. Knowledge and practical experience of working with agile project management approaches;
- Client liaison/management experience;
- Experienced working cross-functionally and coordinating multiple stakeholders;
- Familiar with setting KPIs and driving performance through them;
- Knowledge of the digital sector and Nomensa’s technologies, products and client sectors an advantage;
- Excellent IT skills across a range of technologies. Experience in Jira and Confluence and process mapping tools an advantage
How to apply
To apply, upload your CV to our recruitment site with a covering letter telling us why you’d be a great fit.
Note, the role is full-time although we are open to applications for a 0.8FTE or job share arrangement. This role is based in our Bristol office. We are currently enabling hybrid working (i.e. WFH and office based) so you don’t need to be BS1 based every day. These options would be discussed at interview.
The closing date for applications is: Tuesday 7th December
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office per week)
- 25 days holiday (rising to 30 days based on length of service)
- Your birthday off
- Pension: 4% Nomensa, 5% employee
- BUPA cashback plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perkbox benefits
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work
- Time off for charity work
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.