Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we transform digital experiences.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest, most talented teams of specialists in Europe, who have designed award winning digital experiences that have reached millions of people.
We have ambitious growth plans, and with over 125 staff across Bristol, London, and Amsterdam, we now have an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join our Technology team in Bristol.
Why choose Nomensa?
Our people love working here, it is a supportive working environment where you can expect to work with, and learn from, teams of highly collaborative practitioners. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve gold standard accreditation by Investors in People and are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for ongoing career development. Whatever your role, we work hard to understand career aspirations, formulate plans to support personal development and provide meaningful opportunities to develop experience and capabilities.
We support flexibility and are currently enabling hybrid working, so that teams can come together to collaborate and integrate, as well as maintaining the flexibility to work from home. We work hard at creating an exciting, collaborative environment where we have one focus: humanising technology. The people you will be working with are passionate, care deeply about quality and excellence and take great professional pride in their work. If this sounds like it would be a good fit with your own values and ethos, then we would love to hear from you.
Overview of DevOps at Nomensa
The DevOps team is a relatively new department at Nomensa and so you’ll have plenty of scope to be in control of your own destiny and shape the processes we use. You will be working as part of a team with responsibility for Nomensa’s technical environments for its client projects and internal systems. This encompasses integration, UAT and production environments, and often requires close collaboration with clients to either integrate with or otherwise use environments under their control. Platform technologies used will vary widely between clients, and typical setups will involve integrating CMS environments with cutting-edge technologies, so an experimental, innovative and pragmatic mindset is a must.
Nomensa is on a journey with CI and CD pipelines in its development strategy, so the role will also involve implementing these technologies, as well as supporting the development teams by automating other areas such as in the creation of different environment types. You will be passionate about building the most automated and reliable deployment infrastructure, and implementing systems that extract the maximum possible efficiency through automation while being able to handle unexpected and varying needs.
- Develop, implement and support the Nomensa integration, UAT and Production Linux and Windows environments (cloud and physical server setup)
- Collaborate with the development and software support teams to understand infrastructure requirements
- Lead efforts to automate CI and CD pipelines, and spread knowledge throughout technical teams
- Perform the technical elements of Nomensa’s software releases when necessary, working closely with internal teams and clients
- Help to identify, create and/or implement processes or products to assist in, support and manage releases
- Set up and manage monitoring of server and application environments
- Understand deployment scripts, debug where required, and perform log analysis
- Work closely with the support team and clients to provide knowledge and training
- Mentor junior team members and developers where required and assist in their development in DevOps principles
What we’re looking for
- Experience of working in an agile software delivery environment
- Building CI/CD pipelines for build test and deployment of code onto target application servers (using Jenkins, GitLab etc)
- Building and supporting platforms in the public cloud services AWS, GCP and Azure
- Working knowledge of containers, Docker, Docker compose and Kubernetes
- Extensive systems administration of Linux servers (CentOS, RHEL, etc)
- Configuration and patch management with tools such as Ansible (preferred)
- Scripting in a common language such as Bash, PHP or Python
- Source control tools such as Git / GitLab
- Administration of and writing basic queries for common SQL platforms (MySQL, MariaDB etc)
- Good technical understanding of web services and APIs
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and major protocols
- Implementation of redundant/high availability solutions
- Good understanding of the full software delivery life-cycle using scrum methodology
- SC clearance would be useful.
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office per week, greater flexibility can be discussed)
- 25 days holiday (rising to 30 days based on length of service)
- Your birthday off
- Option to buy and sell holiday
- Summer Fridays
- Pension Contribution
- BUPA cashback plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perkbox benefits
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work
- Time off for charity work
The Recruitment Process
To apply, upload your CV and a covering letter telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role and Nomensa. This role is full-time although we are open to applications for a 0.8FTE or job share arrangement.
The closing date for applications is: 31st May
Interview Adjustments - We will do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates during our recruitment process, however we appreciate interviews can be challenging for some. Therefore, if we can make any adjustments to make you more comfortable or confident, please let us know. We’re happy to allow flexibility on assessments, provide extra time for assessments/tests, have a chaperone on the interview with you, provide questions up front, or other suggestions that will enhance your experience. To discuss this in more detail, please contact our Talent Acquisition Manager, Sophie - email@example.com.
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.