Graduate Drupal Developer
Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we transform digital experiences.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest specialist teams in Europe, who work with our large, diverse client base across multiple private and public sectors. We design award winning digital experiences that have benefitted millions of people. From blue chips to start-ups, from Deliveroo to the NHS, whatever the sector, we deliver experience excellence.
We’ve grown significantly in the past two years and have ambitious growth plans for the future. With over 140 staff across Bristol, London, and Amsterdam, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Drupal Developer to join our Development Team in Bristol.
Why choose Nomensa?
We’ve created a supportive working environment where you can expect to work with, and learn from, teams of highly collaborative practitioners. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve an Investors in People gold standard accreditation and are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for career development. Employee wellbeing is at the heart of our priorities, we have invested in support mechanisms, such as Wellbeing Officers, Mental Health First Aiders and 121 counselling sessions to support our people when they need it most.
We support flexibility and are currently enabling hybrid working, so that teams can come together to collaborate and integrate, as well as maintaining the flexibility to work from home. We work hard at creating an exciting, collaborative environment where we have one focus: humanising technology. The people you will be working with are passionate, care deeply about quality and excellence and take great professional pride in their work.
We’re proud of our culture, so why not hear about it from our people?
“I love the people and the culture at Nomensa. I do have truly wonderful colleagues and I get to enjoy my working day with some really brilliant people around me” - Ashleigh, Account Director
You’ll join a passionate, talented team of experts, who will support and mentor you to learn ‘on-the-job’ technical and soft skills. You’ll gain experience across Drupal, modern front-end, DevOps and test, giving you exposure to the whole software delivery lifecycle. You will specialise in Drupal and PHP development longer term, but with continued cross-skilling into other parts of the technology team.
You will work across a full range of projects and industry sectors, and be involved in activities from web development practices, working on large-scale implementations and software design. Variety, challenge and professional development are baked into the role. You’ll also get to collaborate closely with our equally passionate and talented practitioners, from developers, to architects to designers, and our much valued clients.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who wants to develop a career in software development, who wants to work alongside a team of developers to deliver high quality projects for new and existing clients. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to work on a variety of projects across different sectors.
- Have some experience of software development or engineering, either through education or self-study
- Have a real enthusiasm for learning and improving your software skills
- Have an interest in web development in the content management space; our Drupal developers often work on large-scale content management system deployments, important focus areas for this role include API integrations, working with open-source communities, and making the most out of the software you’re using
- Open to learning more different parts of the delivery process, especially front-end development. We believe people work best when they have overlapping skill-sets, as well as a depth of experience in their focus area.
- Have curiosity about human behaviour and how this helps design better digital experiences for everyone
- Make a positive contribution to any team you are part of, and are equally comfortable working independently and taking accountability for your individual work.
Our benefits for UK employees include:
- Time to recharge: 25 days holiday (rising to 30 with length of service), your birthday off, holiday transfer scheme (up to 5 days), Summer Fridays.
- Health & Wellbeing: BUPA cashback scheme (enhancing to BUPA medical insurance with service), 24/7 EAP, life insurance, cycle to work scheme.
- Financial wellbeing: competitive salaries and annual pay reviews, company pension contribution, Royal London financial wellbeing service.
- Life outside of work: currently enabling hybrid working, employee discounts scheme, time off for charity work, regular socials and fun events arranged by our Chief Happiness Officers!
The application process
For your application to be considered, we are looking for a detailed covering letter and CV.
The closing date for applications is: Friday 5th August
If you’re excited about working for us and don’t have all the skills listed here, but have relevant experience or transferable skills, we would love to hear from you. We understand it can be off-putting to apply if you don’t tick every box, but our culture is richer for the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and you may be exactly what we’re looking for!
Interview Adjustments - We will do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates, however we appreciate interviews can be challenging. So, please let us know if we can make any adjustments to make you more comfortable or confident. We’re happy to provide extra time or flexibility on assessments, have a chaperone on the interview, provide questions up front, or other suggestions to enhance your experience.
Sophie, our Talent Acquisition Manager can help with any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.