Interim Content Designer
Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we transform digital experiences.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest, most talented teams of specialists in Europe, who have designed award winning digital experiences that have reached millions of people.
We have ambitious growth plans, and with over 100 staff across Bristol, London, and Amsterdam, we now have an exciting opportunity to join our projects as a contractor.
Why choose Nomensa?
We have an amazing variety of projects with opportunities to work across varied workstreams and with a mix of short and longer term assignments. Whilst this work will be with one of our Government clients, our client portfolio spans the commercial, charity, and government sectors so there is always scope to develop your knowledge, skills and experience and add to your portfolio of work.
What you’ll be doing
Your work could help design better experiences that are inclusive and accessible for millions of users. You’ll be working closely with our user experience consultants, interaction designers and developers to plan and structure content in such a way that it is optimised for the web, is accessible for all and and written in plain English. You will enable the information users are searching for to be found in a clear, concise manner that minimises unnecessary duplication or complication.
You’ll have solid research to inform the way you design content in response to identified needs. You understand the value of this as well as the user analytics, and use this to plan and write digital content to suit the goals of the projects and clients’ guides.
- You are experienced writing for web consumption and can plan and write content in a user-centred way for high profile projects. You have experience of designing digital content that goes beyond core copywriting.
- Experience of working with or within Government (ideally to GDS standards) would be particularly useful although projects will provide variety across a range of sectors.
- For Lead and senior roles, you’ll have experience of taking a lead practitioner role and/or driving the solutions and strategies deployed on a project.
- With a proactive, flexible attitude you’ll enjoy collaborating and working with others, from colleagues to clients. You enjoy working independently and taking accountability for your work, as well as positively contributing to the teams you are part of.
- Attention to detail is a given, less so is your ability to easily move from detail to wider thinking when needed to bring real value to your work.
- Any experience of working with or within Government (ideally to GDS standards) would be particularly useful.
Our contracts range across inside and outside of IR35, each project can be discussed in more detail.
The Recruitment Process
To apply, upload your CV to our recruitment site with a covering email telling us why you’d be a great fit and confirming whether you see yourself as a Lead or Senior level practitioner. Please also confirm whether you are looking for outside or inside IR35 roles.
We have active opportunities and are also looking to build our contractor talent pool for future contracts, so please get in touch whether you’re available now or in the future.
Interview Adjustments - We will do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates during our recruitment process, however we appreciate interviews can be challenging for some. Therefore, if we can make any adjustments to make you more comfortable or confident, please let us know. We’re happy to allow flexibility on assessments, provide extra time for assessments/tests, have a chaperone on the interview with you, provide questions up front, or other suggestions that will enhance your experience. To discuss this in more detail, please contact our Talent Acquisition Manager, Sophie - email@example.com.
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.