Interim Service Designer
Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we transform digital experiences.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest, most talented teams of specialists in Europe, who have designed award winning digital experiences that have reached millions of people.
We have ambitious growth plans, and with over 100 staff across Bristol, London, and Amsterdam, we now have an exciting opportunity to join our projects as a contractor.
Why choose Nomensa?
We have an amazing variety of projects with opportunities to work across varied workstreams and with a mix of short and longer term assignments. Whilst this work will be with one of our Government clients, our client portfolio spans the commercial, charity, and government sectors so there is always scope to develop your knowledge, skills and experience and add to your portfolio of work.
What you’ll be doing
You will focus on transforming the service delivery journey for our clients to improve and simplify their users’ experience. You’ll be working closely with your colleagues across the whole spectrum of the delivery team in an agile development environment to analyse where there are opportunities to improve, reduce costs and design for better.
You’ll be prototyping designs based on the findings of user data across diverse, inclusive user groups and with feedback from stakeholders. You’ll use these sources of feedback alongside other research sources to develop best in class solutions.
Ultimately, the work you’ll be doing improves the digital experience for every user.
- You have a successful track record and breadth of experience in designing digital services, which is likely to be underpinned by a relevant design based degree although this is not essential.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment where you are comfortable to adapt to change will help you be successful.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate how you can explain design concepts and ideas in ways clear to multiple audiences and in managing and influencing senior stakeholders’ expectations.
- You understand the value of user research data and use this to inform and simplify the accessible services you design.
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment and you collaborate effectively with others to achieve high quality results.
- You are a strong team member and equally happy working independently.
- You love to solve a problem and are both creative in how you do this and adaptable in responding to new issues when needed, always without compromising delivery.
- You excel with detail focus but readily move to big picture thinking and are adept at joining these ways of thinking together. Working with complex stakeholders and mentoring others are also in your skillset.
- Any experience of working with or within Government (ideally to GDS standards) would be particularly useful.
Our contracts range across inside and outside of IR35, each project can be discussed in more detail.
The Recruitment Process
To apply, upload your CV to our recruitment site with a covering email telling us why you’d be a great fit and confirming whether you see yourself as a Lead or Senior level practitioner. Please also confirm whether you are looking for outside or inside IR35 roles.
We have active opportunities and are also looking to build our contractor talent pool for future contracts, so please get in touch whether you’re available now or in the future.
Interview Adjustments - We will do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates during our recruitment process, however we appreciate interviews can be challenging for some. Therefore, if we can make any adjustments to make you more comfortable or confident, please let us know. We’re happy to allow flexibility on assessments, provide extra time for assessments/tests, have a chaperone on the interview with you, provide questions up front, or other suggestions that will enhance your experience. To discuss this in more detail, please contact our Talent Acquisition Manager, Sophie - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.