Junior .NET Developer
Nomensa is a strategic UX agency, known across Europe as being one of the first names in user centred design, with one of the largest, most talented teams of user experience professionals and technologists in Europe. Since 2001, we have designed award-winning digital experiences that have reached millions of people.
With almost 100 staff across Bristol, London and Amsterdam, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Junior .NET Developer to join our Bristol HQ.
Why you’ll love us
Our people love working here, it’s a supportive working environment where you can expect to work with, and learn from, teams of highly collaborative practitioners. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve gold standard accreditation by Investors in People and are a genuine meritocracy. We are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for ongoing career development, and you’ll have a variety of projects to work on for well known clients in the commercial, charity, and government sectors.
We work hard at creating an exciting, collaborative environment where we have one focus: humanising technology. The people you will be working with are passionate, have a relentless pursuit of excellence and take pride in their work. If this sounds like it would be a good fit with your own values and ethos, then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
As a Junior .NET Developer at Nomensa, you will assist with the full life cycle of requirement gathering, software design, coding, quality assurance, deployment and maintenance. Estimating and delivering technical development activities in line with project deliverables and client requirements. Contribute to sales activities when required.
You will be helping to plan, design and develop code in line with best practice approaches, and project/client need. You’ll be identifying, troubleshooting and debugging defects in designated application code and supporting senior colleagues to estimate activity cost and time requirements for activities to support accurate tenders and scheduling.
What we need from you
- Demonstrable experience of programming the .NET stack using c#.
- Competent with Git source control
- Good understanding of key Azure cloud components including serverless functions, App Services, Service Bus and API management.
- Good grasp of Dependency Injection and unit testing with mocking frameworks.
- Awareness of restful API design concepts and standards.
- Broader understanding of MSFT Stack (Azure, SharePoint, Power Platform) useful
- Knowledge of and skills in the following or appetite to learn if not all in the toolkit:
- Azure: Dev-ops, logic, function and Power Apps. Active Directory B2C, CI/CD
- .NET Framework and .NET Core / .NET 5 development with Visual Studio.
- Databases: MS-SQL server, Postgres, SQL
- Dynamics 365 API integration
How to apply
To apply, upload your CV to our recruitment site with a covering letter telling us why you’d be a great fit.
Note, the role is full-time although we are open to applications for a 0.8FTE or job share arrangement. This role is based in our Bristol office. We are currently enabling hybrid working (i.e. WFH and office based) so you don’t need to be BS1 based every day. These options would be discussed at interview.
The closing date for applications is: Tuesday 7th December
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (rising to 30 days based on length of service)
- Your birthday off
- Pension: 4% Nomensa, 5% employee
- BUPA cashback plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perkbox benefits
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work
- Time off for charity work
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.