Junior .NET Developer
Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we transform digital experiences.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest, most talented teams of specialists in Europe, who have designed award winning digital experiences that have reached millions of people.
We have ambitious growth plans, and with over 100 staff across Bristol, London, and Amsterdam, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Junior .NET Developer to join our Tech team in Bristol.
Why choose Nomensa?
Our people love working here, it is a supportive working environment where you can expect to work with, and learn from, teams of highly collaborative practitioners. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve gold standard accreditation by Investors in People and are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for ongoing career development. Whatever your role, we work hard to understand career aspirations, formulate plans to support personal development and provide meaningful opportunities to develop experience and capabilities.
We support flexibility and are currently enabling hybrid working, so that teams can come together to collaborate and integrate, as well as maintaining the flexibility to work from home. We work hard at creating an exciting, collaborative environment where we have one focus: humanising technology. The people you will be working with are passionate, care deeply about quality and excellence and take great professional pride in their work. If this sounds like it would be a good fit with your own values and ethos, then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
As a Junior .NET Developer at Nomensa, you will assist with the full life cycle of requirement gathering, software design, coding, quality assurance, deployment and maintenance. Estimating and delivering technical development activities in line with project deliverables and client requirements. Contribute to sales activities when required.
You will be helping to plan, design and develop code in line with best practice approaches, and project/client need. You’ll be identifying, troubleshooting and debugging defects in designated application code and supporting senior colleagues to estimate activity cost and time requirements for activities to support accurate tenders and scheduling.
What we need from you
- Demonstrable experience of programming the .NET stack using c#.
- Competent with Git source control
- Good understanding of key Azure cloud components including serverless functions, App Services, Service Bus and API management.
- Good grasp of Dependency Injection and unit testing with mocking frameworks.
- Awareness of restful API design concepts and standards.
- Broader understanding of MSFT Stack (Azure, SharePoint, Power Platform) useful
- Knowledge of and skills in the following or appetite to learn if not all in the toolkit:
- Azure: Dev-ops, logic, function and Power Apps. Active Directory B2C, CI/CD
- .NET Framework and .NET Core / .NET 5 development with Visual Studio.
- Databases: MS-SQL server, Postgres, SQL
- Dynamics 365 API integration
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office per week, greater flexibility can be discussed)
- 25 days holiday (rising to 30 days based on length of service)
- Your birthday off
- Option to buy and sell holiday
- Summer Fridays
- Pension Contribution
- BUPA cashback plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perkbox benefits
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work
- Time off for charity work
How to apply
To apply, upload your CV and a covering letter telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role and Nomensa. [This role is full-time although we are open to applications for a 0.8FTE or job share arrangement.]
The closing date for applications is: Friday 18th February
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.