Principal Accessibility Consultant
Bristol, London or Amsterdam
Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we transform digital experiences.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest specialist teams in Europe, who work with our large, diverse client base across multiple private and public sectors. We design award winning digital experiences that have benefitted millions of people. From blue chips to start-ups, from Deliveroo to the NHS, whatever the sector, we deliver experience excellence.
We’ve grown significantly in the past two years and have ambitious growth plans for the future. With over 140 staff across Bristol, London, and Amsterdam, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Accessibility Consultant to join our Accessibility team in Bristol, London or Amsterdam.
Why choose Nomensa?
We’ve created a supportive working environment where you can expect to work with, and learn from, teams of highly collaborative practitioners. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve an Investors in People gold standard accreditation and are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for career development. Employee wellbeing is at the heart of our priorities, we have invested in support mechanisms, such as Wellbeing Officers, Mental Health First Aiders and 121 counselling sessions to support our people when they need it most.
We support flexibility and are currently enabling hybrid working, so that teams can come together to collaborate and integrate, as well as maintaining the flexibility to work from home. We work hard at creating an exciting, collaborative environment where we have one focus: humanising technology. The people you will be working with are passionate, care deeply about quality and excellence and take great professional pride in their work.
What you’ll do
- You will take a lead practitioner role a variety of high-profile client projects, from audits to training and consulting,
- You’ll lead and support clients on their accessibility change agendas in a variety of ways, from scoping project deliverables, designing and delivering workshops and training through to developing the relationship beyond initial projects to inform and support their future accessibility strategies.
- Internally, you will help us to refine our accessibility services for clients and influence the services we provide. Collaboration is at the heart of Nomensa, so you’ll work closely with colleagues across the business to identify opportunities and drive commercial success. You’ll also have the opportunity to share your skills, knowledge and experience through mentoring and training in all things accessibility.
- Given the breadth of clients and sectors we work across, you’ll get the opportunity to make a positive difference, to really influence and change what is happening in the world of digital inclusion.
What we’re looking for
- You’ll be a highly experienced and skilled digital accessibility practitioner, with a successful track record of delivering large scale projects that have spanned both research and end-to-end experiences.
- You develop great relationships with clients and colleagues alike and are recognised for being an expert in this space. You’re comfortable working across the full range of stakeholders, from leading research workshops to communicating findings and recommendations with a board level audiences.
- Leading and commercially driving projects and contributing to sales activities is fundamental to success in this role and you are energised and excited by this side of the role. Agency experience would be useful but is not essential.
- Multi-sector experience is advantageous and if you have worked with government departments and the GDS principles, then this is also useful as we do a lot of work in this space.
Our benefits for UK employees include:
- Time to recharge: 25 days holiday (rising to 30 with length of service), your birthday off, holiday transfer scheme (up to 5 days), Summer Fridays.
- Health & Wellbeing: BUPA cashback scheme (enhancing to BUPA medical insurance with service), 24/7 EAP, life insurance, cycle to work scheme.
- Financial wellbeing: competitive salaries and annual pay reviews, company pension contribution, Royal London financial wellbeing service.
- Life outside of work: currently enabling hybrid working, employee discounts scheme, time off for charity work, regular socials and fun events arranged by our Chief Happiness Officers!
The application process
The closing date for applications is Monday 13th February.
If you’re excited about working for us and don’t have all the skills listed here, but have relevant experience or transferable skills, we would love to hear from you. We understand it can be off-putting to apply if you don’t tick every box, but our culture is richer for the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and you may be exactly what we’re looking for!
Interview Adjustments - We will do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates, however we appreciate interviews can be challenging. So, please let us know if we can make any adjustments to make you more comfortable or confident. We’re happy to provide extra time or flexibility on assessments, have a chaperone on the interview, provide questions up front, or other suggestions to enhance your experience.
James, our Talent Acquisition Manager can help with any questions - email@example.com
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.