Principal Drupal Developer
Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we transform digital experiences.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest, most talented teams of specialists in Europe, who have designed award winning digital experiences that have reached millions of people.
We have ambitious growth plans, and with over 100 staff across Bristol, London, and Amsterdam, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Drupal Developer to join our Tech team in Bristol.
Why choose Nomensa?
Our people love working here, it is a supportive working environment where you can expect to work with, and learn from, teams of highly collaborative practitioners. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve gold standard accreditation by Investors in People and are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for ongoing career development. Whatever your role, we work hard to understand career aspirations, formulate plans to support personal development and provide meaningful opportunities to develop experience and capabilities.
We support flexibility and are currently enabling hybrid working, so that teams can come together to collaborate and integrate, as well as maintaining the flexibility to work from home. We work hard at creating an exciting, collaborative environment where we have one focus: humanising technology. The people you will be working with are passionate, care deeply about quality and excellence and take great professional pride in their work. If this sounds like it would be a good fit with your own values and ethos, then we would love to hear from you.
What we’re looking for
You’ll be a strong technical leader in your discipline, with an in-depth knowledge of current and emerging Drupal technologies. who is client focused and comfortable working to sometimes challenging deadlines, in a fast-paced environment. You’re well-versed in coding and development practices. You’ll be passionate about applying your knowledge and expertise to provide innovative technical solutions and support your colleagues in delivering high quality output to our clients.
We’re looking for someone with the following:
- A successful track record of leading large-scale implementations through utilisation of Drupal and other open-source platform tools
- Strong experience in theming and backend development practices
- Best coding practices embedded in how they work and who can communicate these requirements effectively to others
- Capability and knowledge to provide both oversight and hands on contributions to the software design, development and integration process
- Experience of working in a fast-paced organisation on complex projects
- Deep knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and automation paradigms to drive quality engineering patterns
- Experience in sales process, communicating methodologies and experience
- Confidence in and is comfortable to take a lead role in assuring the technical quality of projects
- A passion for defining the optimum technical approach for client projects and ceaselessly promoting best practice, quality and craft in the code generated across the team/s
- Connections within the Drupal community and who contributes in their own way to community projects and thought leadership
And who has:
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen, understand, advocate and persuade
- Experience of supporting, mentoring and leading developers ranging from entry to Senior level
- A client focus in all they do and a successful track record in client relationships to back this up
- A collaborative mindset to drives the best outcomes for all
- Alignment to our values of Think Bigger, Be Bold, be Human
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills; can be pragmatic when needed without sacrificing quality
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office per week, greater flexibility can be discussed)
- 25 days holiday (rising to 30 days based on length of service)
- Your birthday off
- Option to buy and sell holiday
- Summer Fridays
- Pension Contribution
- BUPA cashback plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perkbox benefits
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work
- Time off for charity work
The application process
To apply, upload your CV and a covering letter telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role and Nomensa. This role is full-time although we are open to applications for a 0.8FTE or job share arrangement.
The closing date for applications is Friday 11th March, although we may choose to close the process earlier if interest is high so we encourage you to apply ASAP!
Interview Adjustments - We will do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates during our recruitment process, however we appreciate interviews can be challenging for some. Therefore, if we can make any adjustments to make you more comfortable or confident, please let us know. We’re happy to allow flexibility on assessments, provide extra time for assessments/tests, have a chaperone on the interview with you, provide questions up front, or other suggestions that will enhance your experience. To discuss this in more detail, please contact our Talent Acquisition Manager, Sophie - email@example.com.
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.