Senior Drupal Developer
Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we transform digital experiences.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest specialist teams in Europe, who work with our large, diverse client base across multiple private and public sectors. We design award winning digital experiences that have benefitted millions of people. From blue chips to start-ups, from Deliveroo to the NHS, whatever the sector, we deliver experience excellence.
We’ve grown significantly in the past two years and have ambitious growth plans for the future. We have growing teams across Bristol, London, and Amsterdam, and now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Drupal Developer to join our Tech team in any of our offices.
Why choose Nomensa?
We’ve created a supportive working environment where you can expect to work with, and learn from, teams of highly collaborative practitioners. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve an Investors in People gold standard accreditation and are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for career development. “Be human” is one of our values for a reason; we care about our people. We have Chief Happiness Officers to support our social stuff and beyond to help bring fun and enjoyment into the workplace and our mental health 1st aid trained Wellbeing Officers will support you on those tougher days.
We support flexibility and are currently enabling hybrid working, so that teams can come together to collaborate and integrate, as well as maintaining the flexibility to work from home. We work hard at creating an exciting, collaborative environment where we have one focus: humanising technology. The people you will be working with are passionate, care deeply about quality and excellence and take great professional pride in their work.
What we’re looking for
You’ll be a technical practitioner in your discipline, with an in-depth knowledge of best-practice and cutting-edge Drupal delivery. You’re well-versed in coding and development practices and happy to communicate best-practice to a variety of audiences.
You’ll be passionate about applying your knowledge and expertise to provide innovative technical solutions and support your colleagues in delivering high quality output to clients. You’ll be working closely with other technical practitioners in the front-end, devops, QA and architecture functions, as well as with people across the agency in UX, PM and design roles.
We’re looking for someone with the following:
- A successful track record of delivering outcomes using Drupal and modern PHP.
- Experience with both traditional and decoupled/headless development, including consuming and exposing well-defined REST APIs.
- Understanding of build systems such as composer
- Experience with custom OOPHP development in the Drupal 8+ stack covering the core Drupal APIs
- Exposure to Drupal 7, especially with a view towards migration and EOL support
- Experience consuming and exposing APIs, preferably including OpenAPI/Swagger/Postman experience
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and automation paradigms to drive quality engineering patterns
- Good understanding of working with other practice areas, especially project managers, business analysts and technical architects.
- Best-practices embedded in how you work, and confident driving adoption of them in teams
- Capability and knowledge to provide both oversight and hands on contributions to the software design, development and integration process
- Experience of working in a fast-paced organisation on complex projects
- Experience in sales process, communicating methodologies and experience
- Enthusiasm for knowledge sharing, from 1to1 mentoring to webinars and blog posts
- Confidence to take a lead role in assuring the technical quality of projects
Our benefits for UK employees include:
- Time to recharge: 25 days holiday (rising to 30 with length of service), your birthday off, holiday transfer scheme (up to 5 days), Summer Fridays.
- Health & Wellbeing: BUPA cashback scheme (enhancing to BUPA medical insurance with service), 24/7 EAP, life insurance, cycle to work scheme.
- Financial wellbeing: competitive salaries and annual pay reviews, company pension contribution, Royal London financial wellbeing service.
- Life outside of work: currently enabling hybrid working, employee discounts scheme, time off for charity work, regular socials and fun events arranged by our Chief Happiness Officers!
The application process
The closing date for applications is: 25th November 2022
If you’re excited about working for us and don’t have all the skills listed here, but have relevant experience or transferable skills, we would love to hear from you. We understand it can be off-putting to apply if you don’t tick every box, but our culture is richer for the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and you may be exactly what we’re looking for!
Interview Adjustments - We will do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates, however we appreciate interviews can be challenging. So, please let us know if we can make any adjustments to make you more comfortable or confident. We’re happy to provide extra time or flexibility on assessments, have a chaperone on the interview, provide questions up front, or other suggestions to enhance your experience.
Sophie & Corrie in our Talent team can help with any questions - TalentAcquisitionTeam@nomensa.com.
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.