Senior Front-End Developer
Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we transform digital experiences.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest specialist teams in Europe, who work with our large, diverse client base across multiple private and public sectors. We design award winning digital experiences that have benefitted millions of people. From blue chips to start-ups, from Deliveroo to the NHS, whatever the sector, we deliver experience excellence.
We’ve grown significantly in the past two years and have ambitious growth plans for the future. We have growing teams across Bristol, London, and Amsterdam, and now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Front-End Developer to join our Development team in Bristol.
Why choose Nomensa?
We’ve created a supportive working environment where you can expect to work with, and learn from, teams of highly collaborative practitioners. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve an Investors in People gold standard accreditation and are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for career development. “Be human” is one of our values for a reason; we care about our people. We have Chief Happiness Officers to support our social stuff and beyond to help bring fun and enjoyment into the workplace and our mental health first aid trained Wellbeing Officers will support you on those tougher days.
We support flexibility and are currently enabling hybrid working, so that teams can come together to collaborate and integrate, as well as maintaining the flexibility to work from home. We work hard at creating an exciting, collaborative environment where we have one focus: humanising technology. The people you will be working with are passionate, care deeply about quality and excellence and take great professional pride in their work.
You’ll be working closely with our teams of UX Consultants, Designers, Accessibility and other developers with one intention: building cutting edge solutions using JAMstack architecture; Nuxt, Vue.js, Node.js, SASS and content/data API consumption via Axios, and developing these in a truly user centred way, following solid research and discovery from our user experience practitioners.
- You’ll also be building with future scalability in mind, writing stable, well tested code and building modular assets that can be efficiently re-deployed. We are looking for experience of developing and implementing efficient and scalable and secure web applications.
- We’re looking for a skilled front-end developer who is experienced with frameworks including Vue, React or Angular. We prefer to use Vue and Nuxt, so experience there is preferable, but we believe in the value of cross-skilling. You’ll have good experience with developing components, state management, and the challenges of decoupled and headless architectures.
- Exposure to supporting on sales, or client interaction, and defining solutions would be preferable.
- You’ll be able to understand and implement a high level of reusability and optimisation (SEO, accessibility, and performance) into your builds.
Our benefits for UK employees include:
- Time to recharge: 25 days holiday (rising to 30 with length of service), your birthday off, holiday transfer scheme (up to 5 days), Summer Fridays.
- Health & Wellbeing: BUPA cashback scheme (enhancing to BUPA medical insurance with service), 24/7 EAP, life insurance, cycle to work scheme.
- Financial wellbeing: competitive salaries and annual pay reviews, company pension contribution, Royal London financial wellbeing service.
- Life outside of work: currently enabling hybrid working, employee discounts scheme, time off for charity work, regular socials and fun events arranged by our Chief Happiness Officers!
The application process
The closing date for applications is: 13th January
If you’re excited about working for us and don’t have all the skills listed here, but have relevant experience or transferable skills, we would love to hear from you. We understand it can be off-putting to apply if you don’t tick every box, but our culture is richer for the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and you may be exactly what we’re looking for!
Interview Adjustments - We will do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates, however we appreciate interviews can be challenging. So, please let us know if we can make any adjustments to make you more comfortable or confident. We’re happy to provide extra time or flexibility on assessments, have a chaperone on the interview, provide questions up front, or other suggestions to enhance your experience.
James & Corrie in our Talent team can help with any questions - TalentAcquisitionTeam@nomensa.com.
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.