Senior UX Designer
Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. We strive to design creative, accessible and inspirational digital experiences for everyone to use and benefit from. We call this humanising technology.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest, most talented teams of specialists in Europe, who have designed award winning digital experiences that have reached millions of people.
We have ambitious growth plans and in support of these plans, are now looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our growing design team.
What you’ll be doing
Our Senior UX Designers are visual storytellers.
You’ll use your creative minds and design craft to bring ideas, products and services to life.
You’ll collaborate across disciplines, with clients, to innovate and design deliverables, inspiring new outcomes.
You’ll be involved from the earliest sketched ideation until the detailed design delivery.
We work in a design culture that embraces the value of collaboration across all disciplines. We actively encourage learning from each other’s differing perspectives and skill sets.
You’ll work alongside the industry’s brightest minds and contribute to projects for organisations and brands that shape the way we live our lives.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams such as research, development and product designers as a project team
- Work with Creative and Experience Director to ensure design work exceeds client expectations
- Create concepts to show vision of project outcomes
- Design solutions and systems to meet global user centred design standards
- Building a proof of concept prototypes that inspires
Why choose Nomensa?
Our people love working here. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve gold standard accreditation by Investors in People and are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for ongoing career development. Whatever your role, we work hard to understand career aspirations, formulate plans to support personal development and provide meaningful opportunities to develop experience and capabilities.
We support flexibility and are currently enabling hybrid working. We work hard at creating an exciting environment working with people who are are passionate, care deeply about quality and excellence and take great professional pride in their work. If this sounds like it would be a good fit with your own values and ethos, then we would love to hear from you.
- Extensive hands-on experience as a UI / UX Designer
- Experience designing complex user interfaces for web and mobile applications
- In-depth understanding of user-centred design, responsive design, mobile first design, and web standards
- Expert understanding of industry standard tools (in particular Figma)
- Excellent at creating beautiful and functional prototypes
- Strong creative instincts, eager to push designs through experimentation in design and software
- Collaborative in your working style
- Someone who communicates with passion
- An enthusiastic design communicator, able to influence internal teams and guide client design understanding
Bonus passions and experience we’d love to see:
Typography, illustration, animation, motion or 3D, AR or VR experiences to add to our teams’ collective skills
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office per week, greater flexibility can be discussed)
- 25 days holiday (rising to 30 days based on length of service)
- Your birthday off
- Option to buy and sell holiday
- Pension Contribution
- BUPA cashback plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perkbox benefits
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work
- Time off for charity work
The Recruitment Process
To apply, upload your CV and a covering letter telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role and Nomensa. This role is full-time although we are open to applications for part-time hours or a job share arrangement.
The closing date for applications is 31st May but we encourage you to apply ASAP.
Interview Adjustments - We will do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates during our recruitment process, however we appreciate interviews can be challenging for some. Therefore, if we can make any adjustments to make you more comfortable or confident, please let us know. We’re happy to allow flexibility on assessments, provide extra time for assessments/tests, have a chaperone on the interview with you, provide questions up front, or other suggestions that will enhance your experience. To discuss this in more detail, please contact our Talent Acquisition Manager, Sophie - email@example.com.
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.