Senior UX Designer
Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we transform digital experiences.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest specialist teams in Europe, who work with our large, diverse client base across multiple private and public sectors. We design award winning digital experiences that have benefitted millions of people. From blue chips to start-ups, from Deliveroo to the NHS, whatever the sector, we deliver experience excellence.
We’ve grown significantly in the past two years and have ambitious growth plans for the future. With over 140 staff across Bristol, London, and Amsterdam, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior UX Designer to join our Design team in Bristol.
Why choose Nomensa?
We’ve created a supportive working environment where you can expect to work with, and learn from, teams of highly collaborative practitioners. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve an Investors in People gold standard accreditation and are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for career development. Employee wellbeing is at the heart of our priorities, we have invested in support mechanisms, such as Wellbeing Officers, Mental Health First Aiders and 121 counselling sessions to support our people when they need it most.
We’re proud of our culture, so why not hear about it from our people?
“I love the people and the culture at Nomensa, I do have truly wonderful colleagues and I get to enjoy my working day with some really brilliant people around me” - Ashleigh, Account Director
We support flexibility and are currently enabling hybrid working, so that teams can come together to collaborate and integrate, as well as maintaining the flexibility to work from home. We work hard at creating an exciting, collaborative environment where we have one focus: humanising technology. The people you will be working with are passionate, care deeply about quality and excellence and take great professional pride in their work.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll use your creative minds and design craft to bring ideas, products and services to life.
- You’ll collaborate across disciplines, with clients, to innovate and design deliverables, inspiring new outcomes.
- You’ll be involved from the earliest sketched ideation until the detailed design delivery.
- We work in a design culture that embraces the value of collaboration across all disciplines. We actively encourage learning from each other’s differing perspectives and skill sets.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams such as research, development and product designers as a project team
- Work with Creative and Experience Director to ensure design work exceeds client expectations
- Create concepts to show vision of project outcomes
- Design solutions and systems to meet global user centred design standards
- Building a proof of concept prototypes that inspires
- Extensive hands-on experience as a UI / UX Designer
- Experience designing complex user interfaces for web and mobile applications
- In-depth understanding of user-centred design, responsive design, mobile first design, and web standards
- Expert understanding of industry standard tools (in particular Figma)
- Excellent at creating beautiful and functional prototypes
- Strong creative instincts, eager to push designs through experimentation in design and software
- Collaborative in your working style
- Someone who communicates with passion
- An enthusiastic design communicator, able to influence internal teams and guide client design understanding
Bonus passions and experience we’d love to see
Typography, illustration, animation, motion or 3D, AR or VR experiences to add to our teams’ collective skills
Our benefits for UK employees include:
- Time to recharge: 25 days holiday (rising to 30 with length of service), your birthday off, holiday transfer scheme (up to 5 days), Summer Fridays.
- Health & Wellbeing: BUPA cashback scheme (enhancing to BUPA medical insurance with service), 24/7 EAP, life insurance, cycle to work scheme.
- Financial wellbeing: competitive salaries and annual pay reviews, company pension contribution, Royal London financial wellbeing service.
- Life outside of work: currently enabling hybrid working, employee discounts scheme, time off for charity work, regular socials and fun events arranged by our Chief Happiness Officers!
The application process
The closing date for applications is Friday 12th August.
If you’re excited about working for us and don’t have all the skills listed here, but have relevant experience or transferable skills, we would love to hear from you. We understand it can be off-putting to apply if you don’t tick every box, but our culture is richer for the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and you may be exactly what we’re looking for!
Interview Adjustments - We will do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates, however we appreciate interviews can be challenging. So, please let us know if we can make any adjustments to make you more comfortable or confident. We’re happy to provide extra time or flexibility on assessments, have a chaperone on the interview, provide questions up front, or other suggestions to enhance your experience.
Sophie, our Talent Acquisition Manager can help with any questions - email@example.com
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.