Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we transform digital experiences.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest specialist teams in Europe, who work with our large, diverse client base across multiple private and public sectors. We design award winning digital experiences that have benefitted millions of people. From blue chips to start-ups, from Deliveroo to the NHS, whatever the sector, we deliver experience excellence.
We’ve grown significantly in the past two years and have ambitious growth plans for the future. With over 140 staff across Bristol, London, and Amsterdam, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer to join our QA team in Bristol.
Why choose Nomensa?
We’ve created a supportive working environment where you can expect to work with, and learn from, teams of highly collaborative practitioners. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve an Investors in People gold standard accreditation and are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for career development. Employee wellbeing is at the heart of our priorities, we have invested in support mechanisms, such as Wellbeing Officers, Mental Health First Aiders and 121 counselling sessions to support our people when they need it most.
We’re proud of our culture, so why not hear about it from our people?
“I love the people and the culture at Nomensa, I do have truly wonderful colleagues and I get to enjoy my working day with some really brilliant people around me” - Ashleigh, Account Director
We support flexibility and are currently enabling hybrid working, so that teams can come together to collaborate and integrate, as well as maintaining the flexibility to work from home. We work hard at creating an exciting, collaborative environment where we have one focus: humanising technology. The people you will be working with are passionate, care deeply about quality and excellence and take great professional pride in their work.
What you’ll be doing
- Our Test Engineers help ensure quality at all levels of product development; from inception through to delivery.
- You will form part of several core project teams and will be responsible for requirement gathering, identifying and managing defects, and assisting our clients with UAT. You’ll be the go-to for code quality and will be expected to guide project teams to focus on best practices throughout the delivey lifecycle.
- You will work closely with our development, project management and client services teams to ask questions, challenge the norm and to provide the best possible experiences to our clients and end users.
- The role has a strong focus on manual testing, however you’ll be required to work with our developers to help define and build automated test suites using a range of services that best match suitability and project scope.
- This is a great opportunity for you to work in thriving agency life and dive deeper into the fast-paced world of website, CMS, CRM, mobile application development, and to work in an environment where we have one of the largest teams of UX specialists in Europe, and user driven research is everything!
What we need from you
- You’ll ideally have several years of experience in software testing, alongside ISTQB certifications.
- Agency experience would be very desirable and experience of mobile, CMS, CRM and cross platform testing is a must.
- You will have worked with a range of various test tools for test case and defect management, requirement and change tracking.
- You’ll be experienced in identifying and documenting requirements and acceptance criteria, with expert knowledge of various testing methodologies.
- Similarly, you’ll need to be passionate about accessibility for users, as this is a unique part of Nomensa’s expertise and capability.
- We’re hoping for someone who is used to working with a range of CMS platforms, such as Drupal, or Dynamics 365, and you’ll have worked in both Agile and Waterfall development teams. Due to current client projects previous experience in the banking industry would also be beneficial.
- SC clearance would be beneficial
Our benefits for UK employees include:
- Time to recharge: 25 days holiday (rising to 30 with length of service), your birthday off, holiday transfer scheme (up to 5 days), Summer Fridays.
- Health & Wellbeing: BUPA cashback scheme (enhancing to BUPA medical insurance with service), 24/7 EAP, life insurance, cycle to work scheme.
- Financial wellbeing: competitive salaries and annual pay reviews, company pension contribution, Royal London financial wellbeing service.
- Life outside of work: currently enabling hybrid working, employee discounts scheme, time off for charity work, regular socials and fun events arranged by our Chief Happiness Officers!
The application process
The closing date for applications is: Friday 5th August
If you’re excited about working for us and don’t have all the skills listed here, but have relevant experience or transferable skills, we would love to hear from you. We understand it can be off-putting to apply if you don’t tick every box, but our culture is richer for the diverse backgrounds of our employees, and you may be exactly what we’re looking for!
Interview Adjustments - We will do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates, however we appreciate interviews can be challenging. So, please let us know if we can make any adjustments to make you more comfortable or confident. We’re happy to provide extra time or flexibility on assessments, have a chaperone on the interview, provide questions up front, or other suggestions to enhance your experience.
Sophie, our Talent Acquisition Manager can help with any questions - firstname.lastname@example.org
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.