Test Engineer (Maternity Cover)
Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we transform digital experiences.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest, most talented teams of specialists in Europe, who have designed award winning digital experiences that have reached millions of people.
We have ambitious growth plans, and with over 135 staff across Bristol, London, and Amsterdam, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer to join our QA team in Bristol, on a fixed term contract, to cover maternity leave.
Why choose Nomensa?
Our people love working here, it is a supportive working environment where you can expect to work with, and learn from, teams of highly collaborative practitioners. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve gold standard accreditation by Investors in People and are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for ongoing career development. Whatever your role, we work hard to understand career aspirations, formulate plans to support personal development and provide meaningful opportunities to develop experience and capabilities.
We support flexibility and are currently enabling hybrid working, so that teams can come together to collaborate and integrate, as well as maintaining the flexibility to work from home. We work hard at creating an exciting, collaborative environment where we have one focus: humanising technology. The people you will be working with are passionate, care deeply about quality and excellence and take great professional pride in their work. If this sounds like it would be a good fit with your own values and ethos, then we would love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
- Our Test Engineers help ensure quality at all levels of product development; from inception through to delivery.
- You will form part of several core project teams and will be responsible for requirement gathering, identifying and managing defects, and assisting our clients with UAT. You’ll be the go-to for code quality and will be expected to guide project teams to focus on best practices throughout the delivey lifecycle.
- You will work closely with our development, project management and client services teams to ask questions, challenge the norm and to provide the best possible experiences to our clients and end users.
- The role has a strong focus on manual testing, however you’ll be required to work with our developers to help define and build automated test suites using a range of services that best match suitability and project scope.
- This is a great opportunity for you to work in thriving agency life and dive deeper into the fast-paced world of website, CMS, CRM, mobile application development, and to work in an environment where we have one of the largest teams of UX specialists in Europe, and user driven research is everything!
What we need from you
- You’ll ideally have several years of experience in software testing, alongside ISTQB certifications.
- Agency experience would be very desirable and experience of mobile, CMS, CRM and cross platform testing is a must.
- You will have worked with a range of various test tools for test case and defect management, requirement and change tracking.
- You’ll be experienced in identifying and documenting requirements and acceptance criteria, with expert knowledge of various testing methodologies.
- Similarly, you’ll need to be passionate about accessibility for users, as this is a unique part of Nomensa’s expertise and capability.
- We’re hoping for someone who is used to working with a range of CMS platforms, such as Drupal, or Dynamics 365, and you’ll have worked in both Agile and Waterfall development teams. Due to current client projects previous experience in the banking industry would also be beneficial.
- SC clearance would be beneficial
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office per week, greater flexibility can be discussed)
- 25 days holiday (rising to 30 days based on length of service)
- Your birthday off
- Option to buy and sell holiday
- Summer Fridays
- Pension Contribution
- BUPA cashback plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perkbox benefits
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work
- Time off for charity work
The recruitment process
To apply, upload your CV and a covering letter telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role and Nomensa. This role is full-time although we are open to applications for a 0.8FTE or job share arrangement.
The closing date for applications is: 25th May
Interview Adjustments - We will do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates during our recruitment process, however we appreciate interviews can be challenging for some. Therefore, if we can make any adjustments to make you more comfortable or confident, please let us know. We’re happy to allow flexibility on assessments, provide extra time for assessments/tests, have a chaperone on the interview with you, provide questions up front, or other suggestions that will enhance your experience. To discuss this in more detail, please contact our Talent Acquisition Manager, Sophie - email@example.com.
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.