Location: Bristol Salary: £ Competitive
With 100 talented people spread across Bristol, London and Amsterdam, we’re ambitious, award-winning and committed to extending our influence across Europe and beyond.
We’re one of the most innovative, thought-leading and well respected user experience design agencies in our market-place. Our client list is diverse and includes major charities, government departments, broadband and energy suppliers.
We’re growing. Revenues are up, so are new client wins and our existing clients keep coming back. We have doubled in size over the last three years, expanded our head office in Bristol, opened an office in Amsterdam in 2016 and put a talented team into London.
Nomensa is a dynamic and fast-growing agency where no two days are the same and we are looking for someone who is ambitious and keen to push things forward and make a lasting impact on our business. This is a highly visible role in the business where you’ll be leading from the front and collaborating with our heads of department, and have full support to effect positive change with regards to our financial processes.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a rapidly expanding SME, working in our Bristol HQ, and reporting directly to our MD, this is very much a hands-on role that involves problem solving, improving existing processes and intelligent financial control. You’ll have also have plenty of autonomy to improve our processes, and reporting activities.
Your duties will include:
- Leading the day to day financial function of the company including improvement; and development of the financial processes and internal reporting
- Annual budgeting and forecasting
- Cash flow forecasting including management of credit control
- VAT and other statutory returns
- Overseeing the administration of a monthly Sage payroll
- Liaison with key stakeholders of the business (customers, suppliers, banks, auditors, lawyers insurance brokers, pension providers)
- Liaison with the outsourced accounting provider for the Amsterdam office
- Overseeing monthly commission and bonus calculations
- Working closely with our accountants, and line managing a Finance Assistant
- Weekly and monthly management reporting including KPIs
Experience we’re looking for
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent) with a minimum 2 years post qualification experience in industry (preferably in a financial controller position)
- Excellent Microsoft skills including Excel
- Good working knowledge of Sage Line 50
- Strong technical accounting and management accounting experience
- Good attention to detail with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal including the ability to influence at all levels
- Proactive team player, very flexible, capable of turning round work to tight deadlines.
How to apply
Please upload your details on our recruitment portal with a covering email.
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please note we are not looking to work with any recruitment agencies on this and will not be able to accept CVs from any third parties.