As a DevOps Engineer at Nomensa you’ll have plenty of scope to be in control of your own destiny and shape the processes we use. You will be working as part of a team with responsibility for Nomensa's technical environments for its client projects and internal systems.
This encompasses integration, UAT and production environments, and often requires close collaboration with clients to either integrate with or otherwise use environments under their control. Platform technologies used will vary widely between clients, and typical setups will involve integrating CMS environments with cutting-edge technologies, so an experimental, innovative and pragmatic mindset is a must.
Nomensa is on a journey with CI and CD pipelines in its development strategy, so the role will also involve implementing these technologies, as well as supporting the development teams by automating other areas such as in the creation of different environment types. You will be passionate about building the most automated and reliable deployment infrastructure, and implementing systems that extract the maximum possible efficiency through automation while being able to handle unexpected and varying needs.
Plus, with over 100 talented people across our offices in Bristol, London and Amsterdam, we have a fantastic variety of clients and projects we can offer you.
What you'll be doing
- Develop, implement and support the Nomensa development, test, UAT and Production Linux and Windows environments (cloud and physical server setup)
- Collaborate with the development and software support teams to understand infrastructure requirements
- Lead efforts to automate CI and CD pipelines, and spread knowledge throughout technical teams
- Perform the technical elements of Nomensa's software releases when necessary, working closely with internal teams and clients
- Help to identify, create and/or implement processes or products to assist in, support and manage releases
- Set up and manage monitoring of server and application environments
- Understand deployment scripts, debug where required, and perform log analysis
- Work closely with the support team and clients to provide knowledge and training
- Mentor junior team members and developers where required and assist in their development in DevOps principles
Experience we’re hoping you can bring to the role
- Experience of working in an agile software delivery environment
- Building and supporting platforms in the public cloud services AWS is good to have, with strong knowledge and experience with Azure essential (Logic Apps / Power Apps / Dynamics would be desirable)
- Use of Infrastructure as Code such as Azure ARM templates / Terraform / CloudFormation
- Building CI/CD pipelines for build test and deployment of code onto target application servers (using GitLab and Azure DevOps etc)
- Strong knowledge of containers, Docker, Docker compose, Helm and Kubernetes
- Use of containers within build pipelines
- Extensive systems administration of Linux servers (CentOS, Ubuntu, etc)
- Configuration and patch management with tools such as Ansible (preferred)
- Scripting in a common language such as Bash or Python
- Source control tools such as Git / GitLab
- Administration of and writing basic queries for common SQL platforms (MSSQL, MySQL, etc)
- Good technical understanding of web services and APIs
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and major protocols
- Implementation of redundant/high availability solutions
- Good understanding of the full software delivery life-cycle using scrum methodology
- SC clearance will be required for some of our clients
This is a hugely exciting role with lots of potential to put your own stamp on it and get involved with a variety of projects.
How to apply
If you like what you've heard so far, please upload your details on our recruitment portal with a covering email, and we will aim to get back to you soon. Interviews will be conducted remotely by video call.
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.