Salary: Competitive Salary & Package | Location: Amsterdam
About the role
You will join a small local team, based in Amsterdam, and work alongside the UK team on clients, remotely and on spot. We expect you to lead projects and work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team in the UK. On a local level, we expect you to help the business grow, establish the team, promote Nomensa and expand our footprint in the Netherlands and the rest of Europe.
- Develop approaches to, and undertake user insight programs to inform meaningful recommendations to achieve our clients’ objectives;
- Help to define programs of design research, digital design and design execution that meet our clients business objectives and that advance our brand;
- Support and co-lead in specific areas of core UX design practices. Contribute to raising the overall level of competency in the team and to lead on innovation and quality;
- Provide insightful, inspired and creative experience design input to our consultancy services, across research, information architecture and interaction design skill sets, reflective of current best practice;
- Have a supporting role in the identification and exploration of audience groups and behaviour to provide insight into target markets using methods of contextual enquiry, lab based research, stakeholder interview, desktop research and through exploring digital analytics;
- Presentation, sales and pitch skills along with the ability to host workshops.
- Build a sufficient level of understanding of our clients’ businesses to be able to strategically advise clients on digital strategy, guide our own marketing and sales activity and inform the team on trends and issues;
- Whilst you'll not need to produce full production code it is expected that you have and will continue to develop a practical, hands-on knowledge of HTML and CSS sufficient for basic prototype creation;
- Undertake and communicate design research findings persuasively and clearly to clients and the UXD team, and translate design research into actionable digital design assets such as user flows, wireframes, storyboards and UI interaction design concepts;
- Support new business development and identify opportunities, including developing methodologies, costs and proposals as well as attending pitch meetings to win new clients;
- Proactively identify and seek opportunities to build your personal profile and consolidating Nomensa’s market position as leaders in the UX field by attending and presenting at seminars, workshops, meet-ups and conferences.
We ask all our employees to:
- Work with planning and time management,
- Be industrious,
- Be enthusiastic and motivated,
- Be honest, dependable
- Strive for quality
….in every aspect of your work.
In addition, you will be expected to carry out to the best of your ability any other tasks with which you may be reasonably assigned.
- Bachelor or Master degree, HBO or WO level or equivalent experience
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Dutch is a plus
- Full-time basis (perm)
- Existing right to work in the NL
- Digital agency experience/consultancy experience
- 3-5 years of experience in user experience