Salary: Competitive Salary & Package | Location: Amsterdam
About the role
You will join a small local team, based in Amsterdam, and work alongside the UK team on clients, remotely and on spot. We expect you to lead projects and work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team in the UK. On a local level, we expect you to help the business grow, establish the team, promote Nomensa and expand our footprint in the Netherlands and the rest of Europe.
- To lead visual design, research, communication and design reporting activities;
- To conceive, sketch and iterate on a wide variety of visual and interaction design projects. These may range from corporate, charity, retail and government websites as well as other digital products and services;
- You are expected to keep up to date with, and endeavour to excel in, core software knowledge including but not limited to; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Professional, Axure RP, Balsamiq Mockups, Omnigraffle, Coda (or similar code/text editor);
- Prepare to work independently on high profile client projects occasionally;
- Presentation, sales and pitch skills along with the ability to support hosting a workshop.
- To co-lead, facilitate, contribute and assist in design workshops with project stakeholders;
- Builds a sufficient level of understanding of our clients’ businesses to be able to strategically advise clients on digital strategy, guide our own marketing and sales activity and inform the team on trends and issues;
- Support new business development and identify opportunities, including developing methodologies, costs and proposals as well as attending pitch meetings to win new clients;
- Proactively identify and seek opportunities to build your personal profile and consolidating Nomensa’s market position as leaders in the UX field by attending and presenting at seminars, workshops, meet-ups and conferences.
We ask all our employees to:
- Work with planning and time management,
- Be industrious,
- Be enthusiastic and motivated,
- Be honest, dependable
- Strive for quality
….in every aspect of your work.
In addition, you will be expected to carry out to the best of your ability any other tasks with which you may be reasonably assigned.
- Bachelor or Master degree, HBO or WO level or equivalent experience
- Fluency in written and verbal English, Dutch is a plus
- Full-time basis (perm)
- Existing right to work in the NL
- Digital agency experience/consultancy experience
- 3-5 years of experience in interaction design
Please send your CV with a covering letter to [email protected] (Please use ‘UX Designer Amsterdam’ in the subject line).