At Nomensa, we're passionate about accessibility and believe the web should be inclusive to anyone and everyone.
We've put together an infographic based on the W3C's ten easy checks. While this is by no means an extensive checklist, we hope it will help when considering the first steps that can be taken in order to ensure your website is accessible.
Here is the long description of the pdf.
Making your site accessible
- Provide a descriptive page title
- Offer alternative text (alt text)
- Mark up headings
- Provide sufficient colour contrast
- Allow text to be resized
- Provide a visible keyboard focus
- Mark up forms, labels and errors
- Allow moving, flashing or blinking content to be controlled
- Make multimedia alternatives available
- Conduct a basic structure check
- Luminosity contrast of at least 4.5:1
- Highlighted tabbing
- Creating a minimally designed site can allow information to be understood.
- Complete keyboard control when navigating a site.
- Captions or sign language on multimedia.
If you would like to learn more about how to ensure your digital estate is accessible, or build accessibility into your digital strategy, please do not hesitate to get in touch via [email protected] or +44 (0)117 929 7333.