Senior Business Analyst
The Nomensa Technical Business Analyst’s core responsibility is to liaise with and support clients to ensure we deliver effective solutions across applications, business systems and processes.
Working with stakeholders and users to understand change requirements the BA will have the awareness and capability to utilise a breadth of common tools and techniques to accomplish analysis tasks in different working environments that enable and support the delivery of exceptional experiences across our portfolio and key client accounts. Upcoming projects include worthwhile GOV work, Discovery through to Alpha – making a positive impact.
Core activities can include gathering an understanding of what the business needs by means of requirements elicitation and traceability. Business Process Mapping, Root Cause Analysis, Business Case support and User Experience evaluation will also be included in this role.
The location: Bristol (Open to London-based applicants, willing to travel to Bristol when required)
Hybrid Working: Yes
What we’re looking for
- Ability to lead or participate in multiple projects by gathering requirements from users and business stakeholders. Analysing the structure of a business to determine how it operates and define its objectives
- Demonstrated fluency in numerical data and an analytical approach to problem-solving
- To map ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ business processes
- Experienced in driving continuous process improvement activities. Formal knowledge of/training in relevant methodologies
- Track record of effective project delivery and project management. Knowledge and practical experience of working with agile project management approaches is desirable, less essential
- Client liaison/management experience
- Experienced working cross-functionally and coordinating multiple stakeholders
- Work with developers and managers to ensure business requirements are met and solutions are kept up to date.
- Familiar with setting KPIs and driving performance through them;
- Excellent IT skills across a range of technologies. Experience in Jira and Confluence and process mapping tools an advantage
- Experience of the technology sector, working alongside developers.
- Knowledge of the digital sector, products and client sectors is desirable
Nomensa is a strategic experience design agency. Combining our experience in psychology, interaction design and technology, we transform digital experiences.
We work hard to understand people, their emotional reaction to design and create exciting digital interactions in response to this. We have one of the largest, most talented teams of specialists in Europe, who have designed award winning digital experiences that have reached millions of people.
We have ambitious growth plans, and with over 140 staff across Bristol, London, and Amsterdam, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our Delivery Team in Bristol.
Why choose Nomensa?
We foster a supportive working environment where you can expect to work with, and learn from, teams of highly collaborative practitioners. We are one of the few companies within the UK to achieve gold standard accreditation by Investors in People and are committed to giving our people a supportive platform for ongoing career development. Whatever your role, we work hard to understand career aspirations, formulate plans to support personal development and provide meaningful opportunities to develop experience and capabilities.
We support flexibility and are currently enabling hybrid working, so that teams can come together to collaborate and integrate, as well as maintaining the flexibility to work from home. We work hard at creating an exciting, collaborative environment where we have one focus: humanising technology. The people you will be working with are passionate, care deeply about quality and excellence and take great professional pride in their work. If this sounds like it would be a good fit with your own values and ethos, then we would love to hear from you. If you do not meet all of the above criteria, we still encourage an application.
Our benefits for UK employees include:
- 25 days holiday (rising to 30 days based on length of service)
- Your birthday off
- Option to buy and sell holiday
- Summer Fridays
- Pension Contribution
- BUPA cashback plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Perkbox benefits
- Life insurance
- Cycle to work
- Time off for charity work
The recruitment process
To apply, upload your CV and a covering letter telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role and Nomensa. Upon review, the talent team will reach out to schedule a call and discuss your application futher before progressing to the next stage. This role is full-time although we are open to applications for a 0.8FTE or job share arrangement.
The closing date for applications is 31st March.
Interview Adjustments - We will do everything possible to create the best experience for candidates, however we appreciate interviews can be challenging. So, please let us know if we can make any adjustments to make you more comfortable or confident. We’re happy to provide extra time or flexibility on assessments, have a chaperone on the interview, provide questions up front, or other suggestions to enhance your experience.
Nomensa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.